By Jennifer Noxon
A story told well is a story worth re-telling. That’s why a well-crafted customer success story, accompanied by PR outreach, can be mined in a number of ways – each one drawing attention to your company’s business strengths while driving prospects and potential partners to your product.
Once you’ve got a solid success story that focuses on the strengths of your product and how it solved a customer challenge, you can refine your story further for a number of PR outreach opportunities:
- distilled into a press release
- distilled even further to pitch for speaker engagements
- re-crafted into a case study and pitched as editorial content
- used as inspiration for a corporate blog
- collateral for your Web site
- collateral for your sales force
I’ll cite a recent example of one of our client’s success stories and the attention it has generated.
To place itself at the threshold of potential customers in the oil and gas industry, dominKnow Inc., an e-learning solutions provider, had market2world craft a story that spoke to dominKnow’s success in the Alberta oil sands. The success story served as the source for a speaker presentation abstract as well as a press release. Both inspired interviews and feature stories that have appeared in the mainstream business press, as well as the oil and gas trade press. Here’s a sample:
- Upstream Magazine – full press release
- Oil and Gas Magazine Online – full press release
- Oil and Gas Network Magazine – article based on press release
- CTV Business News Network – executive television interview
- Everything Oil and Gas – executive podcast interview
- Oil and Gas Inquirer Magazine -– feature article
Craving similar results from your product PR efforts? Get in touch – we can help!
(Jennifer Noxon is a Conversation Architect with market2world communications inc., Canada's tech PR and product launch agency.)